HOME > In situ diagnostic > GEOTECHNICAL INVESTIGATION
Geotechnical investigation services aim to identify the nature and the stratigraphy of underground soils and rocks, determine underground water regime, identify physical, mechanical and chemical properties of
soils specimens through the execution of laboratory testing. Additionally, or alternatively to conventional borehole drilling, geophysical investigations are used to study the subsurface environment and indirectly determine its main
properties and parameters.
Accordingly, EXPERIMENTATIONS is capable of providing the following specific soil investigation services:
- Continuous borehole drilling with power coring units;
- Subsurface soil stratigraphy reconstruction;
- Sampling of undisturbed or weakly disturbed soil specimens;
- Geotechnical laboratory testing for mechanical characterization of soils;
- Groundwater measurements and analysis;
- Installation of various monitoring instruments (inclinometers, piezometers, accelerometers, etc.);
- Standard Penetration Test (SPT) or Dynamic Cone Penetration Test (DCPT).
- Ground Penetrating Radar surveys (GPR);
- Surface seismic prospecting with MASW (Multichannel Analysis of Surface Waves);
- Downhole and Crosshole seismic prospecting to determine speed of P and S waves;
- Seismic refraction prospecting to determine geometry and elastomechanical characteristics of the surveyed soils;
- Electric tomography to assess stratigraphy of soils, look for hidden underground structures, artificial and natural caves/voids and to reveal water resources;
- Gravimetric and Magnetometric ground surveys.